Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Newest Finished Pieces

This bracelet/earring set is a new bead design, derived from my "baby snail" design I've been doing for years. The sphere is basically flattened, creating a place for the swirls to be focal. I like these more than the round ones now, so I'm going to make more.


This nice ATC is a gift for a girl in India who I sponsor through CCF. She'll be 14 in August but I'm going to mail it to her sooner. I think I got the batik at Hancock Fabrics.


Living downtown, I'm a real downtown snob. This pin is for folks who love Over-the-Rhine, the neighborhood just north of proper downtown. The gorgeous architecture, colorful population and the rich history of the neighborhood makes it a real gem. I tried to represent the vibrant life in this pin. It was for sale on Etsy until I noticed the black string underneath the clear glass beads in the letter "R". Just WAY too obvious of a flaw. In the meantime I'm slapping it on one of my purses to show off, and hopefully get orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment