Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's up?! Been a while.

Sheesh, it seemed like for months the "publish post" button couldn't get touched by my curser. I wanted to update the grand public with all the shows, classes, sales, and new items, but just couldn't! No matter what!
Well it works now.

So here's what's going on:

Saturday, March 24 I'm going to teach a 4 hour class (10am-2pm) on the basics of polymer clay beadmaking. We'll dabble in some fun techniques...students will get to use a pasta machine to flatten sheets. I'll bring all sorts of doo-dads and such. It's going to be in the Karen Trimble-Shell Studio at Brazee Street Studios in Oakley, Cincinnati, Ohio.  If you are interested in taking the class, email me so we can set up payment arrangements.  The class is $65 (due by March 22) and there's a $10 supply fee due day of class.  You have to pay me directly, not register through Brazee. 

On Etsy, I posted a monster of a beaded necklace that kind of took me by surprise. I joined the Etsy Bead Embroidery Guild a couple of weeks ago and was prompted to challenge myself with their Bead Fest theme: Filigree. The picture of the piece is up there near the top...if you are interested in seeing more, go straight to the Etsy page for it.

On Friday, March 30th I'm going to set up for Final Friday at the Pendleton Art Center in Cincinnati on the 4th floor in my friend Nancy Gamon's studio (400-b). Last month was pretty amazing....had an impromptu buy-one-get-one-free on the earrings and sold a lot.  A couple hundred artists have studios open once a month. Pretty sweet. I'm going to have the sale again.
If you would like to know more about sudden Etsy sales, classes, new work and whatnot, please "Like" my Ovenfried Beads page on Facebook. I'm pretty unpredictable and will often toss out some unbeatable deals or great announcements.
Thanks for coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment